Criminal Sentencing Primer
Are you confused by the terms and actions used during the criminal sentencing process? If so, mark your calendar! On Wednesday, August 26 the LEAF group of Mary Queen of Peace Parish is hosting members of the ODRC and the Adult Parole Authority for an informal discussion and help session on understanding criminal sentencing.
Some of the questions to be answered:
- Once a person is found guilty, how is the sentence determined?
- What would determine if the person (and family) should consider an appeal?
- What is meant by “judicial release”?
- Is there a new way to obtain an early release? What is it, and how does the person apply?
- What is the parole hearing and what is the role of the parole board?
- What is meant by “old law” and does that differ from the present system?
- What is meant by parole and probation? Are they the same?
- Other questions as the discussions progress.
All LEAF family members are invited!
Even if you aren’t part of the Mary Queen of Peach LEAF group, please plan on attending. This is open to all! Meeting starts at 7 PM on Wednesday, August 26
Mary Queen of Peace Parish
4423 Pearl Road
(just south of State Road – Church is on the East side of the street.)